Friday, March 30, 2007

Fugly Friday

Today's selection may not actually be fugly. It may be kind of cute. But it's still in the spirit of You Knit What? because I find myself asking that question.
The free pattern is here , and is originally listed as a champagne bottle. They turned it into bubble bath for the pictures. Perhaps they don't drink.
I'm trying to figure out just why you would knit this. If it were some sort of wine bag that you could give as a gift over a nice bottle of bubbly, I might understand. But it appears to be a complete piece all on its own. What do you do with such a thing?
I'm completely mystified.

1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

I think things like that are made just to see if you can make the things that you see around you... It hasn't made much sense to me. I was showing my hubby the knitted foods that I found, bacon and eggs, pies, flapjacks, sushi... It is interesting, but I am not sure why I would want to make things that make me hungry since I knit partially to keep my hand out of the cookie jar...