Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This is the post that blogger ate

Or something close to it.
While I was in Japan, I finished a nice pair of travelling socks.
See? Here are the sock and I at a cool bridge outside the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.
And here they are finished on my feet:
I really don't understand how people get those nice pictures of themselves wearing socks.
I'm just not that clever with a self timer. And I think anyone but knitters would think I'm completely insane if I asked them to take a picture for me. So you're just going to have to deal with weird rumply pictures of my socks.
Although the zoom on the heel is okay.
So I'm really and truly over my sock problems. It feels like a victory for knitters everywhere.
In Summary:
Pattern: Generic sock pattern - k2p2 rib, regular heel flap, ribbed instep, lazy three needle bind off at toe
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn (100% superwash merino) in potluck colors (~$20)
Needles: Size 1 dpns (of which I broke/lost many in my travels)
Time: About a week doing serious travelling
Cost: About $20 in yarn, and I'm not sure about needles (I keep breaking them)

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

You are the second person this week I have see that has posted pics of socks that color, I love them! Those are so pretty.

Vicki said...

Woo-hoo! You've finally conquered socks! Doesn't it feel wonderful to have socks that fit your feet?