Sunday, August 05, 2007

It's the SP11 Questionaire!

Here are is the questionnaire for SP11. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than August 15th.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like natural fibers. I'm not a total yarn snob, but I'm very iffy on acrylics. Also, I'm not comfortable with Tofutsies because of the crab shell content, but that's not likely to come up much.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A very spiffy Della Q circular bag, and some homemade roll up ones for straights/dpns.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting about 6 years or so. I would consider myself advanced intermediate, partially because I know if I say "advanced," I'll do something like screw up garter stitch.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but now that you mention it, it's a good idea.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavendar for relaxing, citrus for energizing.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes. Favorites are chocolate cherry and chocolate mint.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I knit and crochet pretty regularly. I'm an early beginner at spinning, but I hope to take some classes this fall. I do not cook or do anything else vaguely domestic.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm into a little of everything, but mostly sort of indie/punk rock. I can certainly play MP3's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love reds, pink, and purples. I'm kind of picky about greens, and I usually don't look good in yellow or orange (though I don't have anything against them personally).

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have one cat, who is spoiled rotten. I'm single, but the boyfriend visits a lot.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No on the ponchos, yes to everything else.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I've been on a bit of a sock spree lately.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm trying to tackle the UFO situation. It's pretty out of control.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular, anything but plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do indeed, and it's very cool.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Since I began knitting, so about 6 years.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Does my birthday count?

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I do have a weakness for Hello Kitty.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't subscribe to anything right now, but I usually pick up Interweave Knits in the shop. I always like something new and interesting. I have a lot of the popular books, but I'm trying to pick up the classics.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to learn to spin properly. I'd like to get better at slip-stitch patterns.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a rabid sock knitter. Women's US 7.5, pretty average.

23. When is your birthday?
October 8, which happens to be in this Secret Pal cycle.....(hint, hint)

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Not yet....but I'm getting close. Look for updates.
*EDIT* Now I am! I'm theoriesofstring.

No comments: