See, here's the thing about Ravelry, and I know I'm not the only one to notice it. It really makes you want to finish projects. There's something far more satisfying about entering in something as an FO than as a WIP. (For those of you not in the know, mom, that's Finished Object and Work In Progress). So I finally got around to putting the finishing touches on some projects that were almost done, but yet not quite.
These little guys were so almost done it wasn't funny. I made this scarf way back in February of 2006, according to the blog records. I even note in that post how I had some left over and made some baby booties. They just needed buttons.
Completely done, mind you, except for buttons.
So I picked these up at the secondary LYS last week. And it took the better part of the week for me to actually sew them on. But here they are.
Despite being blue, I think these are actually pretty gender neutral.
Pretty damn cute buttons though.
I also highly recommend this pattern. It's the One Hour Baby Booties from Stitch and Bitch Nation, and you really can make them in an hour. Go forth and knit.
Yarn: Reynolds Blizzard (65% alpaca, 35% acrylic) 66 yards - less than one skein
Pattern: One Hour Baby Booties from Stitch and Bitch Nation
Needles: Size 6? Whatever the pattern calls for...it's small for the yarn size
Time: One hour to knit, over a year and a half to put on the stupid buttons....
Cost: Less than $10, including buttons
What is it about my cat that makes him think he belongs in every picture? I'm not kidding you, he hears the camera turn on and comes running.
This was the other project that was languishing. It also needed buttons, and little bit more embroidery. See, I started the embroidery around neck, just some simple little leaves in the contrasting green. But then, since one of my pet peeves is when the design on the front of something doesn't carry around to the back, I had to at least finish them along the neck too.
I could have done more, but mostly I just wanted to finish this.
The other issue was that once again, I could not find any buttons I liked. This time, I made some.
Only a few of these get used on this sweater, but as long as you've got the oven started up (which is rare enough in my house), you might as well bake up a whole pan. Now I have extra buttons, and nothing to put them on. Come to think of it, it's really the cyclic nature of the stash in general.
I made these little blue and green "rustic" buttons, which is artspeak for "amorphous blob". They're still pretty cute though, and I'm happy with the finished product.
With or without Worfy.
These are both going in the hope chest. Despite being a raging feminist, I am still likely to incubate an alien lifeform some day. Baby things are fun to knit and great for leftovers, so I might as well keep the ones I like.