Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Every knitter's dream

Among one of the things that makes me really mad lately (and believe me, there are a good number of things right now, but I'm not going to get into my personal life) is that Monday Night Football has switched to ESPN. I think this is just wrong. Football is a game of the common man, a night to drink beer and eat pizza. Obviously, this wouldn't upset me quite so much I had cable, but I don't. So even though it's still pre-season, I really wanted to watch the Green Bay Packers lose last night. I was not disappointed.
I decided to go down to the local sports bar, and since I was going alone, I packed up my knitting to go with me. At the moment, it's another hourglass sweater in malabrigo. I sat there knitting, drinking my beer, and watching the Packers lose. This old guy came up to me and asked if I was knitting. I told him yes, and explained what I was doing. He got really excited and told me that years ago, someone had knit him some hats that he loved, but now they had fallen apart. He wanted to hire me to knit him some new hats, and insisted on only the very best yarn. He would pay me for the yarn and time.
Isn't this every knitter's dream? Sure, there was a young guy that asked me if this was sewing class (I politely informed him it was knitting), but instead of getting made of fun for knitting in public, someone walks up to me and commissions some hats. We'll both be back for MNF next week, and he's going to bring the hats then. Now, how much to charge?

1 comment:

Kristine said...

that's so awesome- I hope he knows what he's getting himself into! (joking) Actually, after looking at the dates... how did it go? How much did you decide to charge him?