Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Alpaca!

Because I'm so enamored with my new yarns, and because I have the attention span of a 4-year- old, I had to start knitting the alpaca right away. I knew it was going to have to be something small, because it was just one short skein, but it also had to be something I could wear next to my skin, because it's alpaca.
I love alpaca. I could sing alpaca's praises all day long. In fact, the only bad thing I could say about alpaca is that it's not cashmere. Then again, I'm not Angelina Jolie (though my lips did look deliciously puffy after too much edamame the other day). Anyway, enter the long, skinny scarf. I'm pro- long, skinny scarves as long as they don't emerge in anything resembling a novelty yarn.
The picture may be silly, but 1. I took it myself, 2. I had to think of something, and 3. the yarn still smells really good. The pattern is a thinner version of the Men's Cashmere Scarf in Last Minute Knitted gifts. Looking at the picture, I thought it would be a lot more complicated. Turns out it was just one row of k1 p1 ribbing with one row of knitting. Neat, huh? Perfect for TiVo'ed episodes of Grey's Anatomy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah
Hope you dont mind I stole your wikpedia quiz idea you did in April I think - so I could do it on my blog. ;-)
Your scarf looks great - will pop back again to see what youve been spinning.
We are waiting for the season to return of Greys Anatomy - cant wait.
seeya

Anonymous said...

Sarah I posted a few comments on your other recent postings aswell *lol* ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your alpaca is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it in person. I hope mine turns out as well.