Friday, February 09, 2007

Ah, Metaphors

Those of you who read this blog regularly (Mom) may have noticed a trend here. There is a flurry of activity, and then no posts for a week or worse.
Clearly, there is a metaphor here.
Yes, this is how my life generally works. So when I manage to complete an entire project in this initial burst of energy, I look amazingly productive and astounding. If I miss the window, even by a little, such as say, the weaving in of ends, the project sits on the shelf (metaphorically that is, it's usually my floor or couch) for perhaps weeks on end, no further progress being made. Then I look like a slacker.
It's not necessarily that (though it is sometimes), it's just that I've been consumed by a new project, that I must temporarily throw all of my creative juices into.
These things happen. I can only hope to occasionally circle back to the old projects until they finally get done.
Also, my laptop no longer likes to add photos to blogger, which puts a damper on things. I have several posts all written up, but since I forget to add the pictures at home, they're stagnating.
Yeah. It's all blogger's fault.

No comments: