Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Just in time for the cold weather

I sold my hats last night! I meant to take a picture of them, but I finished the second one while I was at the bar, and gave them both to Angel right away. He's thrilled, though, and says they fit perfectly.
I really didn't know how much to charge for the hats until I talked to Nancy at the yarn shop. She said 2-3 times the cost of the yarn. The yarn, one skein of Malabrigo and one of Aurora 8, cost about $20, and I sold the two hats for a $25 each, exactly 2.5 times the cost of the yarn. I guess I'm good at taking instruction. I probably could have asked for more, but I'm such a sucker when I actually like the person I'm selling to.
Still, in the end, it's all profit. I bought the yarn on store credit I earned knitting for the shop. Now if I can only find more people like him to sell hats to...
Actually, I am working on a crochet shawl for a woman I met through the shop. I'll be sure to get a picture of this one. It will be very colorful and unique. But she's a massage therapist, and has offered to pay me in massages. Sounds awfully good to me.
Does this make me some kind of fashion designer? Well, in my daydreams it does, anyway.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats, Sarah! So nice to make a profit on something you love to do. Next time, pictures, okay? And we miss you.