Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hats Galore Part I

Hats Galore!

One of the classes I'm scheduled to teach at Fringe pretty soon is one on children's hats. Pick a yarn, get an idea, and turn it into a hat. I make these things pretty much obsessively. There's always time for a hat.
But they're getting strict about shop samples these days, so they wanted a few. Here's some bown ones in Ultra Alpaca, with bear ears and without. (But seriously, why would you want without?)

They're supposed to be children's sized, but I'm realizing more and more that I have a really small head. They fit me just fine.

Summary:
Yarn: Berrocco Ultra Alpaca (50% alpaca/ 50% wool, 215 yards). 1 skein makes 2 hats and change. Alpaca with a Twist Highlander Tweed for contrast
Needles: Size 7 US (4.5mm), which is basically what I always do hats on
Pattern: Making this up as I go along
Cost: Shop Sample
Time: A few hours

No comments: