Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Questionable Stew

So, I actually cooked tonight. It's terrible that I've been reduced to this, because it means I haven't been to the grocery store in forever, and when I do go, it's going to be a perilous expedition. But tonight, tonight I made an ill-advised stew that actually came out okay. Would you like the recipe?

1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup with Roasted Garlic
1 can of water to mix soup (or milk, if you have been shopping recently)
2 packages Veggie crumbles
2 single serve packages of frozen microwave peas, thawed in microwave
2 single serve packages of frozen broccoli and carrots in Italian seasoning, thawed in microwave
1 can of garbonzo beans, not drained, especially if stew looks thick and you've added too much salt
salt, paprika, and assorted Italian seasonings to taste

Mix in large soup pan and heat until edible.

Makes a large vat that you can eat for several days, further delaying grocery trip.

Surprisingly, my kitchen adventures actually turned out pretty well. This is the sort of hearty stew that needs some nice thick bread and a beer with it. But let's face it, if I had beer and bread, I wouldn't need to cook.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It's a start...I am glad to hear that the smoke detector did not go off; you did not injure yourself, and that the pot survived....now you can boil water....

fleegle said...

It's an interesting dish!

And thanks for your compliment on my sock pattern.