Saturday, May 17, 2008

Family Tradition

My family is strange, for many reasons, but one of our strangest habits is that we like to take pictures of ourselves by holding the camera out at arm's length. Yes, we are aware that self-timers exist, but that's just no fun at all. At my cousin's wedding, they put a single-use camera at every table. They should have known better. My mom and uncle went around and took pictures of themselves at all 50 or so tables. My cousin's dad complained about how much money he had spent just on developing pictures of "their ugly faces."

We have moved on to yet another generation of silliness. Apparently my cousin, who is about 10 years older than me, has just sent around pictures of his young son in this manner. So my mom, not be outdone, wants similar photos of me and her grandcats.



Worfy was not thrilled with the idea.

So I think this about as close as we're going to get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your two cats look almost exactly like my two cats. Good thing I don't look like you, otherwise I would be REALLY FREAKED OUT :-)

DancingFish said...

I love those pictures! We call those 'sorority' pictures (because none of my friends were never in one) and do them all the time =)