Friday, December 14, 2007

Useless Little Things

I don't know why I knit these things sometimes. It just happens.

It's just....I was at this little yarn shop in the city (Knitter's Knitche near Southport and Belmont) and there were these cute little sample booties. And more importantly, there was Lorna's Laces angora. And the pattern was free and only used one skein.


So now I have another pair of angora baby booties. I don't have a baby. I don't know anyone that has a baby. More importantly, I don't know that any baby will wear angora booties, yet this is at least the second pair I've knit. Ah well. Off to the hope chest with them anyway. My potential future children had better not be allergic to any fibers, that's all I have to say.


In an attempt to provide more interesting pictures, here's the booties on Eeyore.


And here they are on Bullwinkle. You may notice certain similarities.


In summary:
Yarn: Lorna's Laces angora, 1 skein
Pattern: Free Lorna's Laces pattern
Needles: About a 4? I finished these a while ago, but never posted.
Time: It would have been a few evenings, if I hadn't made a tiny mistake which I eventually fudged over.
Cost: Under $10, but I don't know exactly

3 comments:

DK said...

Ohhhhhhhh.....he's a cute puppy....

How're he and Marigold getting along?

The booties are cute, too, ps.

Mistrmi said...

It's The Cute. That's what made you knit them. No need to try and fight it. The Cute wins every time.

Jen said...

I love those booties. And sometimes you have to knit things just because. It's ok. It happens to most of us!