Thursday, October 12, 2006

Birthday Hat


Add Image
In unrelated news, I turned 22 last Sunday. And new friend Jim turned 23 two days before that. I thought he needed a hat to mark the occasion. He's the brother of a friend of mine, a friend who has an enormous head. Fortunately, his head is not quite so big. It's not small, but it doesn't have its own gravitational pull.
The yarn is Rowan's lovely Cashsoft Aran (57% extrafine merino, 33% microfiber, 10% cashmere) in black (a safe guy color) on size 7 needles (ones I know I have). I kind of made up the pattern as I went along, with no idea of the actual size of his head. I did okay, but it's a little wide. I can take that in though. In general, it's a k2, p4 rib until the shaping, with a little flip-up brim.
Here it is on me. The hat looks cute, but it's surprisingly hard to take an attractive picture of yourself. I'm determined to get a picture of it on him as well. I don't actually know if he likes the hat, but I'm getting a picture of him either way.

1 comment:

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Happy Birthday!!!! How's the spinning with that super cool wheel going?